About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHS Scotland.
- In Scotland, in the week ending 17 October 2022, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 159,200 (95% credible interval: 137,100 to 183,200), equating to 3.02% of the population, or around 1 in 35 people (Source: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK - Office for National Statistics)
- In the week ending 23 October 2022, there were 40 deaths involving COVID-19 (12 fewer than the previous week) (Source: National Records of Scotland)
- In the week ending 30 October 2022, there were on average 819 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 6.3% decrease from the previous week ending 23 October 2022 (874)
- In the week ending 30 October 2022 there were 7 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19, a decrease of 3 from the previous week (23 October 2022)
- By week ending 30 October 2022 of the 1,214,300 people vaccinated for COVID-19 as part of the Winter 2022 vaccination programme, 93.2% were vaccinated for Flu at the same vaccination appointment
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been monitoring a number of key indicators to assess the impact of the virus, including demands on the health system.
This report summarises the current COVID-19 data in Scotland, presenting statistics on estimated infection levels from the ONS COVID Infection Survey, wastewater infection levels, reproduction (R) number, reported COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 hospital and ICU admissions and Flu and COVID-19 Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme uptake.
The next release of this publication will be 9 November 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
- COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland (daily and weekly data available)
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Scotland (data up to 14 September 2022)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
- Enhanced Surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- COVID-19 Infections in Pregnancy in Scotland
You can also view the open data for the Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 30 November 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.